Huntington, WV, and the surrounding area has several schools for interested students, including community and technical colleges and a public university. Based on information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we provide students with statistics for traditional schools in a few categories so they can make the best informed decision about their education.
Closest Schools to Huntington, West Virginia
The closest schools to Huntington are primarily 2-year (or less) institutions, but there are a couple 4-year schools available. These schools are a fairly even mix of private and public institutions.
- Huntington Junior College (located downtown)
- Mountwest Community and Technical College (located downtown)
- Marshall University (1.2 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Huntington (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-West Virginia (29 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Huntington, West Virginia
The largest schools near Huntington are 4-year universities, but there are a couple of larger community and technical colleges as well. The larger universities offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs to students.
- Marshall University (13,381 students)
- West Virginia State University (2,884 students)
- University of Charleston (2,111 students)
- Mountwest Community and Technical College (2,026 students)
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College (1,859 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Cost
The NCES determines the average net cost for U.S. colleges and universities by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid that full-time undergrad students receive from the total cost of attendance. The net price of all Huntington area schools (including specialty schools) ranges from approximately $2,000 to over $24,000. The following traditional schools had some of the lowest reported net prices for 2014-2015.
- Mountwest Community and Technical College ($6,802)
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College ($7,352)
- West Virginia State University ($7,690)
- Huntington Junior College ($8,290)
- Marshall University ($9,240)
Highest Graduation Rate
On average, the Huntington area schools (including specialty schools) boast graduation rates that range between 12% and 94% for 2015. This data is reported by the NCES, who studies graduation rates according to the rates for full-time undergraduate students who take 150% of normal time amount of time to complete their degree programs.
- West Virginia Junior College-Charleston (66% graduation rate)
- University of Charleston (47% graduation rate)
- Marshall University (45% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Huntington (32% graduation rate)
- West Virginia State University (28% graduation rate)
Students looking for specific locations, sizes, prices, or graduation rates from a potential school, have a few public and private options near Huntington, WV.