Inglewood and its surrounding areas have a high concentration of academic institutions. Students can choose among private, not-for-profit and public universities, as well as 2-year colleges, to find the school that best meets their needs. The information presented here is brought to you by data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Inglewood, CA
The closest schools to Inglewood are mostly 4-year private schools located in and around Los Angeles. There are, however, options for 2-year public institutions within close proximity to the city.
- Los Angeles Southwest College (2.3 miles away in Los Angeles)
- Loyola Marymount University (2.6 miles away in Los Angeles)
- Antioch University-Los Angeles (3.8 miles away in Culver City)
- West Los Angeles College (3.8 miles away in Culver City)
- El Camino Community College District (5 miles away in Torrance)
Largest Schools Near Inglewood, CA
The largest schools near Inglewood are 4-year public schools, though there are a few 2-year public schools in the mix. The largest of all is a 4-year private institution. These schools are listed by their enrollment as of 2015:
- University of Southern California (43,401 students)
- University of California-Los Angeles (41,908 students)
- California State University-Northridge (41,548 students)
- California State University-Long Beach (37,446 students)
- East Los Angeles College (37,188 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The lowest net prices for traditional colleges in the Inglewood area ranged from about $1,000-$6,000 according to the NCES in 2014-2015. The net price is a result of taking the cost of attendance and then subtracting any institutional or government aid. These are the schools with the lowest net price for full-time undergraduates.
- Los Angeles ORT College-Los Angeles Campus ($1,088)
- California State University-Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University-Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Long Beach City College ($5,546)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES reported that the highest graduation rates for the following colleges in the Inglewood area ranged from 80% to 92%, according to the NCES. These rates were reflective of students who enrolled in a 4-year university in 2009 and graduated within 150% of normal graduation time, which is six years for a bachelor's degree. These rates are based on those for full-time undergraduates.
- University of Southern California (92% graduation rate)
- University of California-Los Angeles (91% graduation rate)
- California Institute of Technology (91% graduation rate)
- Los Angeles ORT College-Los Angeles Campus (88% graduation rate)
- Occidental College (88% graduation rate)
We've compiled the public and private non-profit learning institutions into four categories to help you make an informed decision about where you'd like to go to school in the Inglewood area.