If you're looking for a college near Ipswich, Massachusetts, there are a variety of options to choose from. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics may be able to help you make a decision.
Closest Schools to Ipswich, Massachusetts
Although there are no non-specialty schools in the coastal town of Ipswich, there are several public and private institutions that aren't far away. Take a look at the five nearest schools if you want to study as close to Ipswich as possible.
- Gordon College (5.8 miles)
- Endicott College (8.4 miles)
- North Shore Community College (9.3 miles)
- Salem State University (11.8 miles)
- Merrimack College (13.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Ipswich, Massachusetts
The size of the institution you attend for college or graduate school can have a significant impact on your educational experience. Most of the schools near Ipswich are small to midsize colleges and universities, but there are some larger schools about twenty-five miles away. Here are the five largest schools in the Ipswich area.
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell (17,179 students)
- Bunker Hill Community College (14,253 students)
- Tufts University (10,907 students)
- Salem State University (9,267 students)
- North Shore Community College (7,412 students)
Lowest Net Price
To calculate the average net price of a school, the NCES subtracts the average financial aid award from the cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. If college costs are a major concern for you, you may want to consider one of these five public schools, which had the lowest net prices in the Ipswich area for 2014-2015.
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842 per year)
- North Shore Community College ($7,523 per year)
- Northern Essex Community College ($8,440 per year)
- Salem State University ($15,588 per year)
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell ($17,035 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's graduation rate can be an indicator of the likelihood that you will be able to finish your degree on time. When determining a school's graduation rate, the NCES looks at the number of full-time undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of the normal time. Based on students who finished in 2015, the following five schools have the highest graduation rates in the Ipswich area.
- Tufts University (93%)
- Merrimack College (71%)
- Endicott College (71%)
- Gordon College (69%)
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell (56%)
In summary, to find out if one of the schools near Ipswich is right for you, it can be helpful to examine some of them based on location, student population size, net price, and graduation rates.