Jonesboro-area students in search of a traditional college education are in luck - there are numerous postsecondary institutions nearby. We compare the traditional colleges and universities with data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), in order to help students determine which ones represent the best choice for their academic needs.
Closest Schools to Jonesboro, Georgia
The majority of the closest schools to Jonesboro are actually less than 2-year specialty schools. Of the traditional schools nearby, most of them are 4-year institutions.
- Clayton State University (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Morrow Campus (5.2 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Atlanta (12.3 miles from downtown)
- Georgia Perimeter College (13.1 miles from downtown)
- Beulah Heights University (14.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Jonesboro, Georgia
Almost all of the larger schools near Jonesboro are public institutions. The area has fifteen schools with more than 1,000 students enrolled.
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 students)
- Georgia Perimeter College (21,088 students)
- Emory University (13,788 students)
- Clayton State University (7,012 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES average net price figures are determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergrad students from a school's total cost of attendance. The traditional Jonesboro-area schools ranged from about $3,000 to almost $32,000 for 2014-2015.
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- Georgia Perimeter College ($6,285)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College ($7,695)
- Southern Crescent Technical College ($8,373)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports overall graduation rates by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of a program's 'normal' estimated length. The five schools with the highest graduation rates in 2015 all had rates over 50%.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
The Jonesboro, GA, area offers multiple private and public institutions that give students different locations, large student populations, low net prices, and high graduation rates.