Both 2-year and 4-year institutions are located near Kendall, FL, giving students various options for degree types and budgets. The traditional schools are analyzed below using data gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Kendall, Florida
The schools that are closest to Kendall are primarily 4-year or less than 2-year institutions. A few of the 4-year schools offer graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- City College-Miami (located downtown)
- College of Business and Technology-Kendall (3.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Miami (4.1 miles from downtown)
- College of Business and Technology-Flagler (6.6 miles from downtown)
- Florida International University (7.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Kendall, Florida
The majority of the larger schools near Kendall are private institutions. However, there are a few public institutions available. Overall student populations range from less than 100 students to more than 65,000 students.
- Miami Dade College (66,046 students)
- Florida International University (49,610 students)
- University of Miami (16,674 students)
- Barry University (8,518 students)
- Florida Career College-Miami (6,227 students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending college is an important factor for many students, so it makes sense to compare net prices. A school's net price is calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergraduate student receives from the total in-state cost of attendance. The net prices for all schools (including specialty schools) in the area ranged from about $1,300-$46,000 in 2014-15. Below are some of the traditional schools with low net prices. All data in this section comes from the NCES.
- Miami Dade College ($8,829)
- Florida International University ($11,326)
- College of Business and Technology-Hialeah ($11,867)
- Atlantis University ($11,966)
- Florida Memorial University ($14,969)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergrad students who complete programs within 150% of the normal time (within six years for a bachelor's degree program, for instance, or three years for a 2-year associate's degree program). Several traditional institutions had graduation rates greater than 50% for 2015.
- College of Business and Technology-Flagler (87% graduation rate)
- College of Business and Technology-Hialeah (86% graduation rate)
- University of Miami (82% graduation rate)
- College of Business and Technology-Kendall (71% graduation rate)
- Florida National University-Main Campus (61% graduation rate)
Although the Kendall, FL, area has a lot of smaller, specialty schools, there are several traditional public and private institutions that range in graduation rates, price, size, and location for students.