Students in the Kenner area, which is less than 15 miles outside of New Orleans, can choose from a variety of public or private institutions. Data gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics will aid you in selecting the right school based on its distance from the city, student population, net price, and graduation rate.
Closest School to Kenner, Louisiana
Students who prefer to study within about 11 miles of Kenner, Louisiana, can choose from the list of schools included below. These institutions offer undergraduate degrees or higher. Majority of which also have certificate programs.
- Loyola University New Orleans (8.2 miles)
- Tulane University of Louisiana (8.2 miles)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (9.3 miles)
- Delgado Community College (9.9 miles)
- Dillard University (11.3 miles)
Largest School Near Kenner, Louisiana
The school with the largest student population in Kenner, Louisiana is a 2-year public college, Delgado Community College. In Fall 2014, the students enrolled there numbered 17,152, all of whom were undergraduates. The remaining schools included in the list below are a mixture of public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- Tulane University of Louisiana (12,603 students: 7,892 undergraduates)
- University of New Orleans (9,234 students: 7,152 undergraduates)
- Loyola University New Orleans (4,330 students: 2,796 undergraduates)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (2,976 students: 2,359 undergraduates)
- Nunez Community College (2,617 students: all undergraduates)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price of a school by deducting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attendance. The following section lists the top five traditional schools with the lowest net prices in the Kenner area from 2014-2015, according to NCES figures.
- Southern University at New Orleans ($7,685)
- Delgado Community College ($7,870)
- Nunez Community College ($8,661)
- University of New Orleans ($8,867)
- Xavier University of Louisiana ($16,385)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates from the NCES are determined by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their degree programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. three years for an associate's degree). The graduation rates for non-specialty schools in the area ranged from 9% to 83% in 2015 and those with the highest percentages include:
- Tulane University of Louisiana (83%)
- Loyola University New Orleans (66%)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (39%)
- Dillard University (38%)
- University of New Orleans (35%)
With helpful data from NCES, you can make a more informed choice in pursuing your studies within Kenner, Louisiana.