Learn about public and private non-profit schools in or near Kennesaw, Georgia. Evaluate data pertaining to some of these schools, including the number of students, graduation rates, net prices, and proximity to the downtown area, with all numbers culled from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Kennesaw, Georgia
Three schools are located less than 10 miles from downtown Kennesaw. A university can be found in the immediate downtown area. For those looking to pursue their studies near Kennesaw, look into the following schools:
- Kennesaw State University (located downtown)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (located 7.5 miles from downtown)
- Life University (located 7.5 miles from downtown)
- Oglethorpe University (located 17.9 miles from downtown)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus (located 20.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Kennesaw, Georgia
Two of the most populous schools in the area for 2015 are located within an eight-mile radius of downtown. The four institutions with the greatest enrollment had more than 10,000 students that year. For those who value a densely populated school, consider the following institutions:
- Kennesaw State University (35,420 students)
- Georgia State University (34,316 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus (32,723 students)
- Emory University (14,458 students)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (10,483 students)
Lowest Net Prices
The NCES subtracts the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates from their total program cost in order to find net prices. Two colleges had net costs below $10,000 for the 2018-2019 academic year. Two of those schools are less than 10 miles from downtown.
- Atlanta Technical College ($1,790, 2017-2018)
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,509)
- Georgia State University ($14,136)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus ($16,883)
- Kennesaw State University ($17,175)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES uses the total number of full-time undergraduates who complete their studies in 150% of the normal amount of time in order to find graduation rates. For students who started in the fall of 2013, three institutions had rates better than 75%. Four of these schools had more than 2,000 undergraduates in 2018.
- Emory University (90% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus (90% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (75% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (73% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (55% graduation rate)
For those pursuing an education in or near Kennesaw, there are multiple public and private non-profit schools that offer low costs, good graduation rates, and large student populations.