The Kenosha area is home to several public and private non-profit schools, as well as specialty schools and for-profit colleges. We compare the traditional schools using information drawn from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that could help students choose which institution has what they are looking for.
Closest Schools to Kenosha, Wisconsin
The closest schools to Kenosha are mostly 4-year schools, but there are some 2-year schools available. A few of the nearby schools even offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs for interested students.
- Carthage College (located downtown)
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside (0.5 miles from downtown)
- Gateway Technical College (5.1 miles from downtown)
- Herzing University-Kenosha (5.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Kenosha, Wisconsin
Some students may be interested in attending larger institutions with a greater variety of activities and organizations. In the Kenosha area the two largest schools are public, followed by private institutions.
- Gateway Technical College (8,740 students)
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside (4,412 students)
- Carthage College (2,978 students)
- Herzing University-Kenosha (420 students)
Lowest Net Price
To determine the lowest net price, the NCES factors the annual cost of a full-time undergrad student's tuition and subtracts the school's average financial aid package from that figure. Prices vary from about $8,500-$30,000 for all schools in the area for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Gateway Technical College ($8,660)
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside ($8,937)
- Herzing University-Kenosha ($20,952)
- Carthage College ($27,431)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines graduation rates by examining the number of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of their program's normal completion time. The 4-year schools below use a 6-year period to determine their graduation rates, while the 2-year school profiled uses a 3-year period to calculate its graduate rate. The traditional schools in Kenosha all had rates below 60% for 2015.
- Carthage College (59% graduation rate)
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside (33% graduation rate)
- Gateway Technical College (24% graduation rate)
- Herzing University-Kenosha (0% graduation rate)
The four traditional schools in the Kenosha, Wisconsin, area are all fairly close to downtown, but vary in size, price, and graduation rates.