Prospective students in the Kutztown, Pennsylvania, area can choose between a variety of public and private universities. Here, you can learn more about some of the non-specialty schools in the area by looking at data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Kutztown is home to only one public college. Students in the area can find more options in nearby Allentown or Reading. These are the five closest institutions.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (0.0 miles)
- Albright College (12.7 miles)
- Reading Area Community College (12.9 miles)
- Cedar Crest College (14.0 miles)
- Muhlenberg College (14.0 miles)
Largest Schools near Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Schools with larger student populations may provide students with more academic and extracurricular opportunities, while small schools can offer more personalized instruction. In the Kutztown area, you can find midsize institutions and small schools. Here are the five largest colleges and universities.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (8,995 students)
- Lehigh University (7,054 students)
- Lehigh Carbon Community (6,738 students)
- Reading Area Community College (4,090 students)
- DeSales University (3,136 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
According to the NCES, a school's net price is the total cost of attendance minus the average amount of financial assistance received by a full-time undergraduate student. The following five schools are the least expensive, based on data from the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Lehigh Carbon Community College ($5,152 per year)
- Reading Area Community College ($10,213 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Lehigh Valley ($13,544 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Schuylkill ($13,760 per year)
- Berks Technical Institute ($14,861 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES defines the graduation rate as the percentage of students who graduate within 150% of the 'normal' time. This figure can be an indicator of a school's academic quality. For full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2015, the five traditional Kutztown-area schools with the highest rates all had rates above 60 percent.
- Lehigh University (88%)
- Muhlenberg College (85%)
- DeSales University (70%)
- Moravian College (69%)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (62%)
Although there is only one college in Kutztown itself, the nearby cities of Reading and Allentown offer a wider range of educational opportunities to students in the area.