Of the nearly 20 schools located near Lafayette, Indiana, just about half are traditional, non-specialty colleges (either public or private). We use the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare those mainstream schools in four categories.
Closest Schools to Lafayette, Indiana
The majority of the schools closest to Lafayette are 4-year institutions. Only a few of these schools offer both undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Purdue University - Purdue Polytechnic Lafayette (1.8 miles from downtown)
- Purdue University-Main Campus (3.4 miles from downtown)
- Harrison College-Lafayette (6.7 miles from downtown)
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette (6.7 miles from downtown)
- Wabash College (26.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lafayette, Indiana
Most of the larger schools near Lafayette are private institutions, but the two largest schools are public. Only one school in the area has more than 10,000 students, while most schools in the area have fewer than 300 students.
- Purdue University-Main Campus (39,752 students)
- Indiana University-Kokomo (4,180 students)
- Saint Josephs College (1,166 students)
- Wabash College (926 students)
- Midwest Technical Institute (117 students)
Lowest Net Price
Net prices for Lafayette-area schools in 2014-2015 ranged from just over $8,500 to just over $25,000. The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received from the total cost to attend school for full-time undergraduates.
- Indiana University-Kokomo ($8,566)
- Purdue University-Main Campus ($11,643)
- Saint Josephs College ($16,744)
- Wabash College ($22,901)
- Midwest Technical Institute ($25,000)
Highest Graduation Rate
Schools located close to Lafayette had overall graduation rates ranging from 11% to 75% for 2015. According to the NCES, a school's graduation rate is based on the percentage of full-time undergrad students able to complete their chosen programs within 150% of the normal time.
- Purdue University-Main Campus (75% graduation rate)
- Wabash College (73% graduation rate)
- Saint Josephs College (54% graduation rate)
- Indiana University-Kokomo (30% graduation rate)
The Lafayette, IN, area offers a handful of traditional public and private schools that offer some variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates for interested students.