The greater Lake Elmo area has plenty of postsecondary schooling options, from 4-year colleges and for-profit universities to trade schools and beauty institutes. In this article, we compare schools in several categories based on statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lake Elmo, Minnesota
For students who wish to stay close to Lake Elmo, MN, there are several 2-year and 4-year school options. The closest schools offer mostly undergraduate degree programs, but some graduate level programs are available.
- Rasmussen College-Lake Elmo/Woodbury (located downtown)
- Globe University-Woodbury (5.3 miles from downtown)
- Metropolitan State University (7.5 miles from downtown)
- Century College (8.1 miles from downtown)
- Saint Paul College (11.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lake Elmo, Minnesota
The largest schools near Lake Elmo include public and private institutions. Students can select from relatively large schools with over 50,000 students, or smaller community colleges in the area.
- Walden University (52,188 students)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (51,147 students)
- Capella University (35,061 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,140 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,539 students)
Lowest Net Price
Individuals can approximate the cost of attending a college or university through the NCES's net price statistic. This metric takes the total expenses full-time undergraduates accrue at a university in one school year and then subtracts the total amount of financial aid students received to create an approximate net cost of attending that school. The five schools listed below are all ranked according to the NCES's statistics for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates are often used as indicators of student satisfaction at a given school. The five schools listed below are all ranked according to the percentage of full-time undergraduates who graduated from their college within six years in 2014-2015 (per statistics provided by the NCES).
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Academy College (75% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
The Lake Elmo, Minnesota area is home to an array of public and private institutions that offer students low prices, high graduation rates, and much more.