Lakewood, Colorado, has many traditional colleges and universities that may appeal to a variety of students. Learn which schools are the closest to Lakewood, have the largest student population, have the lowest net price, and have the highest graduation rate. All statistics are provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) for your consideration.
Closest Schools to Lakewood, Colorado
Location can be an important factor to students interested in the Lakewood area. The five closest non-specialty schools are all within 7 miles of downtown Lakewood. Three of these schools are private 4-year schools and two are public 2-year colleges. The following are the five closest schools to Lakewood:
- Arapahoe Community College (2.5 miles from downtown)
- National American University-Centennial (6.2 miles from downtown)
- Colorado Christian University (6.8 miles from downtown)
- Red Rocks Community College (6.9 miles from downtown)
- University of Denver (6.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lakewood, Colorado
Knowing which schools have a large student population may be important to students. Four out of the five largest schools in the Lakewood area are public schools, the other being private. Student populations within this group range from about 10,000 to 24,000 students.
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus (23,671 students)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (20,676 students)
- Front Range Community College (18,747 students)
- University of Denver (11,797 students)
- Arapahoe Community College (10,004 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost can influence a student's decision incredibly when it comes to searching for a college or university to attend. The net prices below correspond with full-time undergraduate students during the 2014-2015 school year. The five schools with the lowest net price are all public schools. Four of these schools are 2-year colleges and one is a 4-year university.
- Emily Griffith Technical College ($6,304)
- Red Rocks Community College ($7,201)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver ($8,416)
- Community College of Denver ($8,634)
- Front Range Community College ($8,788)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates can be important to students as this gives them a good idea of how many students complete their degree programs. The graduation rates listed shows how many full-time undergraduate students finish their program within 150% of the normal time for 2015. Three of these schools are 4-year universities and two are 2-year colleges.
- Emily Griffith Technical College (89% graduation rate)
- Pickens Technical College (79% graduation rate)
- Colorado School of Mines (77% graduation rate)
- University of Denver (77% graduation rate)
- Regis University (73% graduation rate)
By using this information from NCES, students can successfully compare schools near Lakewood regarding location, size, cost, and graduation rate.