We focus on traditional schools within about 100 miles of Laramie in this article, all of which offer plenty of majors for aspiring college students. We compare and contrast these schools in the four categories listed below, using data cited from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Laramie, Wyoming
For students wishing to attend school close to Laramie, the choices are somewhat limited. All of the close, traditional schools are public institutions. Of these schools, only the University of Wyoming offers graduate level programs.
- University of Wyoming (11 miles from downtown)
- Laramie County Community College (48.5 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Wyoming College (78.7 miles from downtown)
- Casper College (95.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Laramie, Wyoming
Schools near Laramie range from around 50 students to over 12,000 students. Most of the larger schools are 2-year, public institutions, excluding the 4-year, public University of Wyoming.
- University of Wyoming (12,820 students)
- Laramie County Community College (4,388 students)
- Casper College (3,824 students)
- Eastern Wyoming College (1,704 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
To determine the average net price for a college or university, the NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergraduate student receives from the estimated total cost of attendance. Community colleges typically offer savings over 4-year colleges and universities. The schools in or around Laramie show a wide price range for 2014-2015.
- Laramie County Community College ($5,424)
- Eastern Wyoming College ($6,171)
- Casper College ($6,606)
- University of Wyoming ($12,148)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports the graduation rates for each school, which refers to the percent of full-time undergraduate students who complete their degree programs within 150% of 'normal time.' For a bachelor's degree program, this figure would be six years. The graduation rates for 2014 of the schools in and around Laramie are compared below.
- University of Wyoming (55% graduation rate)
- Eastern Wyoming College (33% graduation rate)
- Casper College (32% graduation rate)
- Laramie County Community College (22% graduation rate)
Although schools near Laramie, WY, are limited, there are some differences among the public institutions when it comes to proximity to Laramie, size, net price, and graduation rates.