In this article, you will learn about the three colleges and universities that are located in Laredo, Texas. You will acquire information about the schools' locations, student populations, net prices and graduation rates using figures provided by the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Laredo, Texas
While students in Laredo have limited educational options, there are few other options available within 100 miles. Fortunately, there are two public schools and one private, for-profit institution located within a 2.6-mile radius of downtown Laredo.
- Laredo Community College (located downtown)
- Texas A & M International University (2.6 miles from downtown)
- Brightwood College - Laredo (2.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Laredo, Texas
Among Laredo's three schools, two are two-year colleges that offer certificates and associate degrees while the third is a four-year university that offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. The undergraduate populations of these schools range from 300 to 8,307 students.
- Laredo Community College (8,307 undergraduates)
- Texas A & M International University (6,741 undergraduates)
- Brightwood College - Laredo (300 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
An average net price is determined by NCES through a calculation in which the financial aid awards are subtracted from the total cost of attending schools and universities in the U.S. The average net prices for the schools around Laredo extend from $5,054 to $18,543. The following prices pertain to full-time undergraduate students during the 2014 to 2015 academic year:
- Laredo Community College ($5,054)
- Texas A & M International University ($9,212)
- Brightwood College - Laredo ($18,543)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates reported by NCES indicate the portion of students completing their programs within 150% of the normal time, such as three years for an associate and six years for a bachelor's degree. Overall graduation rates for the schools near Laredo range from 22% to 69%. The following figures pertain to full-time undergraduate students in 2012 and 2009 cohorts:
- Brightwood College - Laredo (69% graduation rate - Fall 2012)
- Texas A & M International University (40% graduation rate - Fall 2009)
- Laredo Community College (22% graduation rate - Fall 2012)
Depending on your preferences for school type, population, cost and other factors, you can choose among Texas A & M International University, Laredo Community College and Brightwood College for your Laredo-based education.