Numerous postsecondary options abound for would-be college students residing in Lawrenceville. We focus exclusively on the more traditional colleges and universities in the region and help students make an informed academic choice by comparing these schools using statistics provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lawrenceville, Georgia
The closest schools to Lawrenceville are primarily 2-year (or less) institutions. The majority of these nearby schools are also private schools.
- Georgia Gwinnett College (located downtown)
- Gwinnett Technical College (located downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Georgia (18.7 miles from downtown)
- Brenau University (22.1 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Atlanta (22.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lawrenceville, Georgia
There are fifteen schools near Lawrenceville that boast more than 1,000 students. Many of these schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Emory University (13,788 students)
- Georgia Gwinnett College (11,468 students)
- Brenau University (2,883 students)
- DeVry University-Georgia (2,473 students)
- University of Phoenix-Georgia (1,721 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Net prices subtract the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost they pay to attend a school, and it's calculated by the NCES using in-district or in-state tuition. In the Lawrenceville area, the net prices for traditional schools ranged from about $12,000 to more than $20,000 for 2014-2015.
- Georgia Gwinnett College ($12,264)
- University of Phoenix-Georgia ($17,580)
- Argosy University-Atlanta ($19,173)
- Brenau University ($20,011)
- Oglethorpe University ($20,473)
Highest Graduation Rates
To calculate graduation rates, the NCES determines the amount of full-time, beginning undergraduate students completing their programs within 150% of the normal time expected. An example of this length of time is 6 years for a bachelor's degree program. The graduation rates for traditional schools near Lawrenceville ranged from 68% to 51% for 2015.
- University of Phoenix-Georgia (68% graduation rate)
- Argosy University-Atlanta (68% graduation rate)
- Brenau University (68% graduation rate)
- Oglethorpe University (53% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (51% graduation rate)
There are numerous 2-year and 4-year traditional schools near Lawrenceville, GA, for students to choose from that offer varying graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations.