Aspiring students in and around Lebanon, Pennsylvania, can choose from a variety of colleges and universities offering non-specialized 2 or 4-year degree programs. Here, you can learn more about some of the institutions by reviewing data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lebanon, Pennsylvania
The city of Lebanon is home to one traditional school; a public, two-year community college. However, you'll find public and private two-year and four-year schools within driving distance. These five non-specialty schools are the closest to the city center:
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Lebanon (0.0 miles)
- Lebanon Valley College (5.2 miles)
- Elizabethtown College (15.2 miles)
- Franklin and Marshall College (18.2 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (18.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Lebanon, Pennsylvania
There is one large college in the area, but most of the schools near Lebanon are small to midsize institutions. Smaller schools can often offer smaller classes and more individualized instruction, but larger colleges may provide a great variety of academic opportunities and extracurricular activities. Depending on the campus environment you're looking for, one of the five largest schools in the Lebanon area may meet your academic needs.
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (19,121 students)
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania (7,959 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (4,678 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (2,906 students)
- Alvernia University (2,856 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Students who are concerned about the cost of education may want to consider the net price of the schools they are considering. Net price is calculated by deducting the average financial aid award from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. According to the NCES, these five non-specialty schools had the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg ($9,750 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Schuykill ($15,176 per year)
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania ($17,950 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg ($20,593 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks ($20,967 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
According to the NCES, a school's graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete programs within 150% of the normal time. This figure can provide insight into the educational quality of a college or university. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, the five traditional Lebanon-area schools with the highest graduation rates all boasted rates of more than sixty percent.
- Franklin Marshall College (87%)
- Elizabethtown College (78%)
- Lebanon Valley College (74%)
- Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg (64%)
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania (62%)
Even though the educational opportunities in Lebanon itself are limited, prospective students can find both private and public institutions within close range.