Lenexa-area students have a long list of postsecondary institutions to choose from, including career colleges, cosmetology schools, technical institutes and more. To help students determine if any of the traditional schools are worth pursuing further, we compare them using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lenexa, Kansas
For students who value limited distance from Lenexa, there are 18 different schools that are less than 10 miles from downtown. Most of the closest traditional schools are private institutions.
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (located downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Overland Park (5.9 miles from downtown)
- Cleveland University-Kansas City (6.8 miles from downtown)
- Johnson County Community College (6.8 miles from downtown)
- Rasmussen College - Overland Park (6.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lenexa, Kansas
The majority of the large schools near Lenexa are 4-year schools, however, there are a couple of 2-year community colleges. Overall, students can choose from schools near Lenexa with populations ranging from less than 100 to over 19,000 students.
- Johnson County Community College (19,429 students)
- Grantham University (12,577 students)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (6,198 students)
- Baker University (2,957 students)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (1,870 students)
Lowest Net Price
The net yearly price of a school is determined by the NCES using the total expenses for in-state, full-time undergraduate students minus the average scholarship and grant aid received by students. The NCES shows that colleges near Lenexa had net prices from about $6,000 up to $36,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Johnson County Community College ($7,037)
- Donnelly College ($10,442)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College ($12,579)
- Grantham University ($12,825)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University ($19,143)
Highest Graduation Rate
A high graduation rate can indicate that a school is keeping students engaged and encouraging them to achieve their academic goals. The NCES includes those graduating within 150% of the usual time for a program when calculating this figure. A full-time undergraduate student who finishes a bachelor's degree in six years, for example, is counted in a school's overall percentage. The NCES graduation rate for schools near Lenexa varies between 9% and 88% for 2014.
- Baker University (60% graduation rate)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (55% graduation rate)
- Grantham University (44% graduation rate)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (22% graduation rate)
- The Art Institutes International Kansas City (22% graduation rate)
When comparing location, size, price, and graduation rates, Lenexa, KS, and the surrounding area offers a wide range of public and private schools for interested students to choose from.