If you are interested in pursuing higher education at a school near Lester, Pennsylvania, data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) may be able to help you find one that meets your needs.
Closest Schools to Lester, Pennsylvania
While there are no traditional schools in Lester, Pennsylvania, you can find over a hundred colleges and universities in close proximity. The following five non-specialty schools are the shortest distance from Lester.
- Swarthmore College (3.4 miles)
- Widener University-Main Campus (4.5 miles)
- Strayer University-Delaware County Campus (4.9 miles)
- Delaware County Community College (7.0 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Brandywine (7.0 miles)
Largest Schools near Lester, Pennsylvania
At a large university, you may have the chance to study alongside other students from a wide range of backgrounds. Some of Pennsylvania's largest schools are located not far from Lester. According to the NCES, these five have the largest student bodies.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,597 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines a school's net price by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. This statistic can help you get an idea of how much attending a particular school will cost. For the 2014-2015 school year, these five Lester-area schools had the lowest net prices.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442 per year)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686 per year)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682 per year)
- Peirce College ($7,916 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Abington ($12,351 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Schools that have higher graduation rates may provide higher quality learning environments for their students. To determine a school's graduation rate, the NCES looks at the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished their chosen programs within 150% of the expected time. For students who finished in 2015, these were the five schools near Lester that boasted the highest rates.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
In summary, aspiring students in the Lester, Pennsylvania, area have a wide range of schools to choose from, but NCES data can help narrow down the options.