The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) reports 39 post-secondary public and not-for-profit schools within 25 miles of Lincolnshire, IL. Here we will specifically look at those two- and four-year colleges and universities that offer numerous fields of study. To help local students make an informed academic decision, we compare these Lincolnshire-area schools in the four categories listed here.
Closest Schools to Lincolnshire, Illinois
For students who want to stay in Lincolnshire, IL, but don't want a long commute to school there are five schools within 12 miles from downtown. Here are the closest schools and their distances.
- Trinity International University-Illinois (2.9 miles from downtown)
- Lake Forest College (4.7 miles from downtown)
- William Rainey Harper College (8.2 miles from downtown)
- Oakton Community College (10.0 miles from downtown)
- College of Lake County (11.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Lincolnshire, Illinois
Many students find more networking opportunities and a larger diversity of courses at larger colleges and universities. Below is a list of the five largest schools in the area according to 2015 NCES reports.
- College of DuPage (28,678 enrolled students)
- Northwestern University (21,655 enrolled students)
- Loyola University Chicago (16,437 enrolled students)
- College of Lake County (14,964 enrolled students)
- William Rainey Harper College (14,532 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
For many students, the cost of education can be a deciding factor in choosing a school. NCES presents average net prices for comparison purposes. Net price is calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduate students at a particular school from the costs of attending that school (i.e., tuition, room and board, books, etc.) in-state or in-district. The following traditional schools in the Lincolnshire area had the lowest net prices in 2014-2015, according to NCES.
- Elgin Community College ($4,332)
- College of Lake County ($4,590)
- Triton College ($5,274)
- Oakton Community College ($5,941)
- McHenry County College ($6,110)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES publishes graduation rates that reflect the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete degree programs within 150% of 'normal' time (i.e., three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree). High graduation rates can be indicative of student satisfaction with a school. Listed below are the schools in the Lincolnshire area with the highest graduation rates, according to 2015 NCES statistics.
- Northwestern University (93% graduation rate)
- Wheaton College (89% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Chicago (74% graduation rate)
- Lake Forest College (72% graduation rate)
- Elmhurst College (67% graduation rate)
With this information you may make an informed decision about which schools you want to apply to, based on their proximity to Lincolnshire, IL, student population, net price and graduation rate.