The area in and around Lincroft offers a variety of different schools including community colleges, private and state universities, and specialty schools. In order to evaluate so many schools, prospective students should obtain data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) on topics such as: location, price, size, and graduation rate.
Schools Closest to Lincroft, New Jersey
In the immediate vicinity of Lincroft, there is only a community college available to prospective students. Just a short drive away is a private university, but the remaining traditional schools are 18 or more miles away. Below are the 5 schools closest to Lincroft:
- Brookdale Community College (downtown Lincroft)
- Monmouth University (6.4 miles away)
- Georgian Court University (18.1 miles away)
- Middlesex County College (19.0 miles away)
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (20.1 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Lincroft, New Jersey
For students who value a large student population in their college search, the Lincroft area has a few options to choose from. There is a state university with nearly 50,000 total students, and a number of community colleges with over 10,000 total students. Here is a list of the 5 largest schools near Lincroft:
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (49,428 total students)
- Brookdale Community College (13,835 total students)
- Middlesex County College (11,662 total students)
- Union County College (11,220 total students)
- Ocean County College (8,663 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of college is a top concern for many students. In the Lincroft area, there are 3 options under $7,000 per year, according to the NCES. The NCES subtracts the average scholarship and grant aid awarded to full-time students from the sum of likely expenses to achieve a net price calculation for each college it profiles. The following 5 colleges are those with the lowest annual net prices for 2014-2015.
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Brookdale Community College ($6,468)
- Middlesex County College ($6,832)
- Ocean County College ($8,659)
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick ($15,869)
Highest Graduation Rate
Every full-time undergraduate student who graduates from a study program within 150% of the normally required time is counted as a graduate for the purpose of compiling NCES statistics. For example, a student who achieves a two-year degree in three years is considered to have graduated. The following five schools are those with the highest graduation rates for 2015 in the Lincroft area.
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (80% graduation rate)
- Monmouth University (67% graduation rate)
- Georgian Court University (53% graduation rate)
- Ocean County College (34% graduation rate)
- DeVry University-New Jersey (30% graduation rate)
There are clearly many excellent college choices for prospective students near Lincroft, so it is highly encouraged to narrow down the possibilities with consideration for factors such as graduation rate, price, student population, and proximity to Lincroft.