From vocational schools to universities, there are a variety of schools options within a relatively short drive from downtown Lindon. To help students determine if any of these colleges or universities meet students' academic needs, schools are separated into four categories using data derived from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lindon, Utah
If you are not planning to leave the Lindon area for your postsecondary education, you can find several schools in the area that offer a variety of traditional college programs and degrees. See some local school options, including four 4-year institutions, less than 9 miles away from downtown Lindon.
- Stevens-Henager College (4.9 miles)
- Utah Valley University (4.9 miles)
- Mountainland Technical College (6.8 miles)
- Brigham Young University (8.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Lindon, Utah
Some students prefer a larger school for the program offerings and flexibility it can provide. The following identifies larger schools near Lindon. After Salt Lake Community College, there is a large drop in student population down to under 7,000 students for the next largest school.
- Utah Valley University (39,931)
- Brigham Young University (34,499)
- Salt Lake Community College (29,156)
- Independence University (10,095)
- Mountainland Technical College (2,801)
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price is found by taking the total cost of attendance (including books, tuition, living expenses, etc.) and subtracting the average amount of financial aid in-state students at that school receive. Of the following four schools with some of the lowest 2018-2019 net prices in the area, two are private institutions.
- Salt Lake Community College ($6,812)
- Utah Valley University ($8,267)
- Brigham Young University ($13,340)
- Provo College ($16,607)
Highest Graduation Rates
Higher graduation rates can mean the potential for greater student success. The NCES calculates a school's graduation rate by determining the number of full-time undergraduate students who complete their program within 150% of the normal amount of time. The following Lindon-area schools show higher graduation rates:
- Brigham Young University (78%)
- Provo College (75%)
- Mountainland Technical College (70%)
- Fortis College - Salt Lake City (60%)
- Independence University (12%)
While there are no postsecondary schools in Lindon, there are several options in the surrounding area that can be compared based on size, cost, graduation rate and distance from Lindon.