In the following article, we take a closer look at the traditional private and public colleges and universities available in the Linthicum region. The traditional schools are then categorized using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), allowing students to better understand which options are best for them.
Closest Schools to Linthicum, Maryland
Fortunately, several of the nearby traditional schools have a lot of program options for students who do not want to be far from home or work. The following schools are within 10 miles of Linthicum:
- University of Maryland - Baltimore County (4.1 miles)
- University of Maryland - Baltimore (6.3 miles)
- University of Baltimore (6.3 miles)
- Coppin State University (7.1 miles)
- Johns Hopkins University (8.8 miles)
Largest Schools Near Linthicum, Maryland
Larger schools may interest students for their potential program variety and student activity offerings. Three 4-year public schools, one 4-year private school and one 2-year public school with higher enrollment, comparatively, are shown below:
- University of Maryland - University College (47,906)
- University of Maryland - College Park (37,610)
- The Community College of Baltimore County (22,887)
- Towson University (22,285)
- Johns Hopkins University (21,372)
Lowest Net Price
The average net price of a school, as determined by the NCES, is reached by taking the average annual cost of full-time undergraduate attendance for the school and subtracting from that the average financial aid package awarded to students. For 2014-2015, the NCES reported that the following schools have the lowest net prices amongst the traditional colleges and universities near Linthicum.
- Baltimore City Community College ($5,951)
- Howard Community College ($7,239)
- Prince George's Community College ($7,986)
- The Community College of Baltimore County ($8,376)
- Coppin State University ($9,043)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES looks at the full-time undergraduate students who finished their programs within 150% of the normal time. The graduation rates for traditional schools near Linthicum range from high to low. The statistics for these schools can be found below; percentages are based on students who started school in fall 2009.
- Johns Hopkins University (94%)
- University of Maryland - College Park (86%)
- Loyola University Maryland (81%)
- St. John's College (71%)
- Towson University (70%)
If you are looking for a Linthicum, MD, area school for your postsecondary education, you will find statistics on school proximity, size, costs and graduation rates from the NCES to help you with your decision.