Within a 50-mile radius of Linwood, there are a few community colleges and state universities for prospective students to choose from. With just a small number of schools to choose from, it is imperative that students consider important evaluation categories. Students are encouraged to review data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) on topics including: location, size, price, and graduation rates.
Schools Closest to Linwood, New Jersey
There are only 2 schools, a state university and a community college, within a 10-mile radius of Linwood. The other 3 traditional schools are roughly 25-miles or more away. Below are the 5 schools closest to Linwood:
- Stockton University (6.7 miles away)
- Atlantic Cape Community College (8.7 miles away)
- Cumberland County College (23.7 miles away)
- Rowan University (37.7 miles away)
- Camden County College (39.2 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Linwood, New Jersey
There are some students who value the size of the student body as a large school can add to the college experience. There are only 2 schools near Linwood with over 10,000 total students, hence there are not many moderate-sized schools to choose from in the area. Here is a list of the 5 largest schools near Linwood:
- Rowan University (16,155 total students)
- Camden County College (11,263 total students)
- Stockton University (8,674 total students)
- Atlantic Cape Community College (6,361 total students)
- Cumberland County College (3,453 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid each full-time undergraduate student receives from the total cost to attend the school. Financial aid may be provided by the federal government, the school or private lenders. The net prices reported below are based on NCES data. The five public schools located within 40 miles of Linwood each had a net price of less than $18,200 during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Cumberland County College ($7,909)
- Camden County College ($7,990)
- Atlantic Cape Community College ($8,898)
- Stockton University ($14,980)
- Rowan University ($18,129)
Highest Graduation Rates
Out of the 5 traditional schools near Linwood, the graduation rates ranged from 15%-73%, according to NCES data. Only two of the five public schools near Linwood had an overall graduation rate above 50%. The NCES calculates a school's overall graduation rate by determining how many beginning full-time undergraduate students completed their programs within 150% of normal time for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Stockton University (73% graduation rate)
- Rowan University (67% graduation rate)
- Cumberland County College (26% graduation rate)
- Atlantic Cape Community College (16% graduation rate)
- Camden County College (15% graduation rate)
With consideration for factors such as location, price, graduation rate, and school size, there is no question prospective students near Linwood will be making an informed and confident college selection.