In this article, we look specifically at the more traditional public or private colleges and universities near Littleton, CO. According to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), all of these schools offer a variety of programs for the aspiring college student, and we compare and contrast these institutions in several categories below.
Closest Schools to Littleton, Colorado
If proximity to Littleton is something you are looking for, there are several schools that are less than ten miles from downtown. Most of these schools are private schools, but the closest school is a 2-year public community college.
- Arapahoe Community College (1 mile from downtown)
- National American University-Centennial (3.1 miles from downtown)
- Colorado Heights University (3.9 miles from downtown)
- University of Denver (5.9 miles from downtown)
- Colorado State University-Global Campus (6.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Littleton, Colorado
Students searching for larger institutions can find several 2-year and 4-year school options. Most of the larger schools are public universities or community colleges near Littleton, CO.
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus (22,791 students)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (21,674 students)
- Front Range Community College (18,761 students)
- University of Denver (11,809 students)
- Arapahoe Community College (10,401 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Many students consider prospective student debt and expenses incurred while pursuing a degree to be important considerations when choosing a college. The NCES determines net costs based on the average cost of tuition, fees, books and other expenses less the average amount of government or institutional aid full-time undergraduates receive. The five schools listed below have the lowest net costs of non-specialty, nonprofit schools in the Littleton area for 2014-2015.
- Red Rocks Community College ($7,201)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver ($8,416)
- Community College of Denver ($8,634)
- Front Range Community College ($8,788)
- Pickens Technical College ($8,881)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates for the top five public and private schools within 25 miles of Littleton range from 79% to 67% for 2014-2015. Graduation rates are calculated by the NCES based on the percentage of full-time undergraduates who complete their degrees within 150% of normal completion time, or six years for a bachelor's degree.
- Emily Griffith College (89% graduation rate)
- Pickens Technical College (79% graduation rate)
- Colorado School of Mines (77% graduation rate)
- University of Denver (77% graduation rate)
- Regis University (73% graduation rate)
The Littleton, CO, area offers a wide variety of 2-year and 4-year private and public universities and colleges for students who are interested in attending school near Littleton.