Would-be college students in Logan, Utah, seeking the traditional college experience have a few options to choose from. This article profiles 2- and 4-year schools, both public and private in the Logan area, allowing students to see if any are a good match for their academic needs using data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Logan, Utah
There are not many schools really close to Logan. Only one traditional school is located in Logan itself, but several are found within 50 miles. Three private schools and two public schools are shown below offering students the closest options for their education in the Logan area.
- Stevens-Henager College in Logan (0.0 miles)
- Utah State University (1.2 miles)
- Stevens-Henager College in West Haven (36.8 miles)
- Weber State University (38.0 miles)
- Broadview University - Layton (47.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Logan Utah
The following are among the largest schools within 50 miles of Logan. All are 4-year schools with three out of five being private colleges. You can see the dramatic difference in student enrollment from the public universities (Utah State and Weber State) versus the private schools.
- Utah State University (27,662)
- Weber State University (25,954)
- Stevens-Henager College in West Haven (321)
- Eagle Gate College - Layton (217)
- Broadview University - Layton (126)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price can be calculated by taking the total cost to attend the school and subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to in-state students. The net price figures in this section come from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) for the 2015-2016 academic year for full-time undergraduate students. Net prices at schools within 50 miles of Logan ranged from around $10,700 up to about $26,200. The following schools had lower net prices among traditional schools.
- Weber State University ($10,669)
- Utah State University ($11,686)
- Broadview University - Layton ($16,005)
- Eagle Gate College - Layton ($20,211)
- Stevens-Henager College in Logan ($26,175)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines a school's overall graduation rate by identifying the number of undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time for the 2012-2013 year. Schools within a 50-mile radius of Logan featured graduation rates from a low of 26% to a high of 60%. The following list shows the traditional schools with the highest graduation rates in the area, according to NCES figures.
- Eagle Gate College - Layton (60%)
- Utah State University (49%)
- Broadview University - Layton (36%)
- Weber State University (34%)
- Stevens-Henager College in West Haven (26%)
You are presented with facts and data concerning several schools in the Logan area categorized using NCES data to help you with your college choices and determine what is most important to you.