Numerous postsecondary options abound in and around Lone Tree, CO, allowing aspiring college students in the area can choose from nearly 70 possible institutions, including community colleges, beauty schools, technical institutes and 4-year universities. This article takes a closer look at these schools and compares them with citations from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lone Tree, Colorado
For students wishing to stay close to Lone Tree, there are mostly 4-year schools located less than 10 miles from downtown. Several of these schools offer graduate level programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Colorado State University-Global Campus (2.9 miles from downtown)
- National American University-Centennial (5 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Colorado(5.3 miles from downtown)
- Colorado Technical University-Greenwood Village (6.6 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Aurora (6.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lone Tree, Colorado
The largest schools near Lone Tree tend to be public institutions. Overall, the area offers a large range of student populations, from less than 100 students to over 10,000 students.
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus (22,791 students)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (21,674 students)
- Front Range Community College (18,761 students)
- University of Denver (11,809 students)
- Arapahoe Community College (10,401 students)
Lowest Net Price
There are several schools near Lone Tree that have net prices below $10,000 for 2014-2015. In order to figure out the net price for a school, the NCES takes the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergrad students and subtracts that from the school's total attendance cost.
- Emily Griffith Technical College ($6,304)
- Red Rocks Community College ($7,201)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver ($8,416)
- Community College of Denver ($8,634)
- Front Range Community College ($8,788)
Highest Graduation Rates
When determining overall graduation rates, the NCES looks at full-time undergrad students who graduated within 150% of the program's standard time. Near Lone Tree, several schools have overall graduation rates above 60% for 2015.
- Emily Griffith Technical College (89% graduation rate)
- Pickens Technical College (79% graduation rate)
- Colorado School of Mines (77% graduation rate)
- University of Denver (77% graduation rate)
- Regis University (73% graduation rate)
There are multiple public and private institutions near Lone Tree, CO, that can fit a student's preference for location, size, price, and/or graduation rates.