Louisville, KY, has a number of public and private colleges and universities to choose from, including a community and technical college, a large public university and several small private universities. Use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare these schools and find the right fit.
Schools Closest to Louisville, Kentucky
There are a number of private schools within a 7-mile radius of Louisville, with many of them being for-profit institutions. The 2 schools closest to Louisville, KY, are all 4-year institutions.
- ITT Technical Institute - Louisville (3.3 miles away)
- Simmons College of Kentucky (6.4 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Louisville, Kentucky
There are only 2 moderate- to large-sized schools near Louisville, with enrollment figures ranging from 12,000 to $21,500 total students. The remaining 17 schools have less than 4,000 students. The 5 schools with the largest student bodies include the following:
- University of Louisville (21,430 total students)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College (11,699 total students)
- Bellarmine University (3,369 total students)
- Sullivan University (3,575 total students)
- Spalding University (1,758 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The average net price for a college or university is determined by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid a full-time student receives from the total cost of attendance. The figures for the 4 schools with the lowest net prices are based on data from the 2018-2019 academic year. In that year, the lowest net prices ranged from less than $3,000 to under $22,000.
- Simmons College of Kentucky ($3,431)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College ($7,640)
- University of Louisville ($17,490)
- Spalding University ($22,314)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate for a school includes the number of full-time students who completed their studies in 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). According to NCES figures for undergraduate students, graduation rates for traditional schools in the Louisville area ranged from 40% to 66%. The following 3 schools had minimum graduation rates of 43%:
- Bellarmine University (66% graduation rate)
- University of Louisville (59% graduation rate)
- Spalding University (40% graduation rate)
In order to make the best college selection, prospective students should absolutely consider several evaluation factors, including location, price, size, and graduation rate, when comparing institutions in the Louisville area.