Aspiring college students living in and around Lynnwood, WA, have numerous choices when it comes to schools, from hairdressing academies to community colleges and for-profit universities. For this article, we compare only those schools offering a mostly traditional college experience using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Lynnwood, Washington
If students wish to attend school close to Lynnwood, then they have several 2-year (or less) and 4-year schools to choose from. A couple of the closest 4-year schools offer graduate level programs as well as undergraduate programs.
- Edmonds Community College (located downtown)
- Bastyr University (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Shoreline Community College (5.8 miles from downtown)
- Cascadia College (5.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Washington-Bothell Campus (5.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Lynnwood, Washington
The majority of the largest schools near Lynnwood are public institutions. Overall, the traditional schools in the area range from less than 1,000 students to more than 44,000 students.
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus (44,784 students)
- Bellevue College (13,469 students)
- Edmonds Community College (8,993 students)
- Everett Community College (7,516 students)
- Olympic College (7,349 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
When figuring out a net price for a school, the NCES takes the annual average attendance cost for the school and subtracts the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from that number. There are several affordable options that are less than $10,000 near the city of Lynnwood, per the NCES for 2014-2015.
- Seattle Central College ($3,783)
- North Seattle College ($5,011)
- Olympic College ($6,130)
- Shoreline Community College ($7,170)
- Everett Community College ($7,212)
Highest Graduation Rates
A few schools in the vicinity of Lynnwood have graduation rates above 50% for 2015. When the NCES determines the graduation rate for a school, they're typically looking at full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of their program's normal time.
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus (84% graduation rate)
- Trinity Lutheran College (80% graduation rate)
- Seattle University (79% graduation rate)
- Seattle Pacific University (71% graduation rate)
- University of Washington-Bothell Campus (70% graduation rate)
There are many private and public schools that offer variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates that call the Lynnwood, WA, area home.