The Madison area is home to several schools that offer programs in a variety of fields. Based on statistics in several categories from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we explore the non-specialty schools to help narrow a student's list of potential schools.
Closest Schools to Madison, Tennessee
The closest schools to Madison are a mix of less than 2-year and 4-year schools. All of the closest schools in the area are private institutions.
- Miller-Motte Technical College-Madison (located downtown)
- Argosy University-Nashville (7.5 miles from downtown)
- Daymar Institute-Nashville (7.5 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Nashville (7.5 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Tennessee (7.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Madison, Tennessee
Students near Madison can choose from schools with fewer than 100 students, to schools with greater than 10,000 students. Several of the larger schools in the area offer graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
- Vanderbilt University (12,567 students)
- Nashville State Community College (10,192 students)
- Tennessee State University (9,167 students)
- Volunteer State Community College (8,098 students)
- Belmont University (7,350 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Schools' net prices are calculated by the NCES, which then publishes these prices on its College Navigator. The most recent net price figures are based on the 2014-2015 school year. A school's net price is calculated using the total cost that full-time undergraduate students pay to attend the school, and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid that those students receive. A couple of the schools with some of the lowest net prices in the Madison area were community colleges.
- Nashville State Community College ($4,776)
- Volunteer State Community College ($7,053)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Nashville ($9,277)
- Tennessee State University ($9,604)
- Aquinas College ($17,117)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES also calculates schools' overall graduation rates. It does so by identifying the number of full-time, beginning undergraduate students who complete their chosen programs within 150% of normal time. An example of '150% of normal time' is six years for a bachelor's degree program. Of the traditional schools near Madison, Vanderbilt University had the highest graduation rate for 2015 with 92%.
- Belmont University (69% graduation rate)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville (64% graduation rate)
- Daymar Institute-Nashville (59% graduation rate)
- Lipscomb University (55% graduation rate)
- Fisk University (53% graduation rate)
The Madison, TN, area is home to a multitude of private and public institutions that come in an array of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.