This article focuses only on the more traditional public and private non-profit institutions in the greater Maitland area. To help students make an informed decision about their education, those schools are categorized based on criteria that may be important to prospective students gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Maitland, Florida
The Maitland, Florida, area boasts a number of postsecondary options, including 4-year institutions and vocational schools. Closer schools may be appealing to those who wish to commute from home or work. Here are schools all within a six-mile drive of downtown Maitland.
- Orange Technical College - Winter Park Campus (1.9 miles)
- Rollins College (1.9 miles)
- Everest University - North Orlando (4.1 miles)
- City College - Altamonte Springs (4.3 miles)
- Keiser University - Orlando (5.8 miles)
Largest Schools Near Maitland, Florida
The following institutions are some of the larger traditional schools in the Maitland area. These are 4-year schools, three public and two private, all offering at least a bachelor's degree and some with graduate studies as well. Larger schools can typically offer more classes and schedule flexibility, but usually come with bigger class sizes.
- University of Central Florida (60,767)
- Valencia College (43,217)
- Everest University - South Orlando (22,535)
- Seminole State College of Florida (18,399)
- Rollins College (3,207)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's average net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid the student receives from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, room and board. The average net prices for colleges in the Maitland area range from about $6,200 to more than $33,000. The net prices for these five schools are for 2014-2015 full-time undergraduates.
- Valencia College ($6,166)
- Seminole State College of Florida ($8,085)
- University of Central Florida ($14,366)
- Everest University - North Orlando ($19,968)
- Remington College - Heathrow Campus ($20,049)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete a program within 150% of the 'normal' time (within six years for a bachelor's degree program, for instance). A high overall graduation rate is viewed as an indicator of student satisfaction. The graduation rates, compiled by the NCES, are for students who began college in the fall of 2009 for 4-year schools or 2012 for 2-year schools.
- Lake Technical College (74%)
- Rollins College (71%)
- University of Central Florida (70%)
- Orange Technical College - Winter Park Campus (68%)
- Technical Education Center - Osceola (61%)
When you look at a variety of factors such as school size and cost, distance from town and graduation rates, you can narrow down your public and private education options in and around the Maitland, Florida, area.