If you are interested in going to school near Malden, Massachusetts, there are lots of colleges and universities to choose from. Here, you can find out about some of them by examining data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Malden, Massachusetts
Even though there aren't any non-specialty institutions in the city limits, Malden is located very close to Boston, a major college town. As a result, there is no shortage of public and private universities in the area. The following are the five closest schools to Malden.
- Tufts University (2.8 miles from downtown)
- Bunker Hill Community College (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Suffolk University (5.0 miles from downtown)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (5.1 miles from downtown)
- Cambridge College (5.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Malden, Massachusetts
When choosing a college or university, you may want to consider student population size, since it can make a big difference in your educational experience. If you want to attend a large school, the following are the five largest in the Malden area.
- Boston University (34,657 students)
- Harvard University (31,566 students)
- Northeastern University (21,627 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (18,242 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,164 students)
Lowest Net Price
For many students, a major factor in the educational decision-making process is cost. The NCES calculates net price by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduates. The figures presented here are from the 2018-2019 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($5,294)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($8,358)
- Massasoit Community College ($8,571)
- North Shore Community College ($8,799)
- Roxbury Community College ($11,489)
Highest Graduation Rate
To calculate graduation rate, the NCES identifies the number of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of normal time. For students finishing in 2019, the four schools with the highest rates in the Malden area all boasted rates above 50%.
- Harvard University (97% graduation rate)
- Tufts University (94% graduation rate)
- Wellesley College (91% graduation rate)
- Laboure College (50% graduation rate)
- Urban College of Boston (7% graduation rate)
With such a diverse set of schools to choose from, the Malden, Massachusetts area may be the right place for you to get an education based on certain criteria, such as lowest net price, location, highest graduation rate and student enrollment.