Manassas and its bordering towns are hosts to a number of different types of schools. You can choose among them in terms of proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rate through data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Manassas, Virginia
Colleges and universities located in and nearby Manassas, Virginia, all offer certificate programs and/or undergraduate level degrees. One of them is conveniently situated within the city itself. If you wish to pursue your studies within a 12-mile distance from Manassas, then choose from the schools included below.
- Strayer University-Manassas Campus (within the city)
- Columbia College - Centreville (4.3 miles)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly (7.8 miles)
- George Mason University (11.3 miles)
- Stratford University (11.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Manassas, Virginia
Northern Virginia Community College, a public institution, has the largest student population in Manassas, Virginia. The total number of students enrolled there in Fall 2014 was 51,487, all undergraduates. On the contrary, the majority of the other schools with large student population are private universities and institutes.
- George Mason University (33,729 students: 22,349 undergraduates)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,850 students: 4,504 undergraduates)
- Marymount University (3,441 students: 2,363 undergraduates)
- Stratford University (2,971 students: 2,336 undergraduates)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (757 students: all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is important to many students, and one way to compare schools is by looking at average net prices. This figure is determined by subtracting the amount of financial aid the average full-time undergraduate student receives from the total cost of attending the college (including living expenses, tuition, student fees, etc.). Average net prices at schools in the Manassas area ranged from about $6,000 to nearly $34,000 according to NCES figures from 2014-2015. However, the schools with the lowest net prices not exceeding $23,000 include:
- Columbia College - Centreville ($5,820)
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Columbia College - Fairfax ($9,793)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
- Stratford University ($22,509)
Highest Graduation Rate
A college's overall graduation rate reflects the number of full-time undergraduate students who completed an academic program within 150% of 'normal' time. For instance, a bachelor's degree program is designed to be finished in four years, so the overall graduation rate would include students who graduated in six years. The following list shows the schools with the highest graduation rates in 2015.
- George Mason University (69%)
- Columbia College - Fairfax (62%)
- Columbia College - Centreville (61%)
- Marymount University (50%)
- Stratford University (40%)
Different types of institutions are located in Manassas, Virginia, and depending on your needs you can opt to study in the one which is nearest the city, has the largest enrollment, highest graduation rate, or lowest cost of attendance.