If you're an aspiring student in the Manchester, New Hampshire area, you can look at data from the National Center for Education Statistics to learn more about which schools are closest to downtown Manchester, student populations, costs of attendance, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Manchester, New Hampshire
There are both private and public universities near downtown Manchester, as well as several schools in towns nearby. The following five schools are all within Manchester city limits.
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester (located downtown)
- Mount Washington College (2.2 miles)
- Manchester Community College (2.3 miles)
- Saint Anselm College (2.3 miles)
- Southern New Hampshire University (4.8 miles)
Largest Schools Near Manchester, New Hampshire
Most of the non-specialty colleges and universities in the Manchester area are relatively small schools with a few thousand students. However, there is one very large university in Manchester that has over sixty-thousand students. These five Manchester-area schools have the largest student populations.
- Southern New Hampshire University (61,285 students)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (4,349 students)
- Manchester Community College (2,968 students)
- Rivier University (2,599 students)
- New England College (2,517 students)
Lowest Net Price
If college affordability is a major concern for you, it can help to examine the net prices of the schools you are considering. The NCES calculates net price by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. Of all the schools in the Manchester area, these five had the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Nashua Community College ($11,942 per year)
- Granite State College ($12,473 per year)
- Manchester Community College ($13,423 per year)
- Mount Washington College ($15,806 per year)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College ($15,833 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
To calculate graduation rate, the NCES finds the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of normal time. Prospective students who are particularly concerned about finishing on time may want to consider one of the following Manchester-area schools, which had the highest graduation rates for students who finished in 2015.
- Saint Anselm College (73%)
- Southern New Hampshire University (58%)
- Daniel Webster College (49%)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester (43%)
- Rivier University (43%)
Overall, this NCES data can help you to decide if one of the schools in the Manchester, New Hampshire area is right for you by looking at the location, student population, net price, and graduation rates.