Manitowoc-area students looking for the right college have nearly 25 options to choose from, including technical colleges, beauty schools and state universities. For the benefit of the average student intrigued by the traditional college experience, we pay particular attention to the traditional colleges and universities around Manitowoc and compare them using the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Manitowoc, Wisconsin
The closest schools to Manitowoc for students wishing to stay in the area are primarily 4-year institutions. Several of these 4-year schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Silver Lake College of the Holy Family (located downtown)
- Lakeshore Technical College (12.7 miles from downtown)
- Lakeland College (27.5 miles from downtown)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (29.3 miles from downtown)
- Globe University-Green Bay (29.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Manitowoc, Wisconsin
The largest schools in the Manitowoc area are almost entirely public institutions. There are several larger schools with more than 1,000 students for future students to choose from. All of these schools are located 30-40 miles from downtown Manitowoc.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (14,051 students)
- Fox Valley Technical College (10,901 students)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (10,096 students)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (6,784 students)
- Moraine Park Technical College (6,294 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price by subtracting the average financial aid award from the total cost of attending a given colleges and universities for full-time undergrads. The net prices of traditional schools near Manitowoc ranged from about $8,000 up to about $28,000 in 2014-2015.
- Lakeshore Technical College ($7,975)
- Fox Valley Technical College ($9,125)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College ($9,282)
- Moraine Park Technical College ($9,480)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay ($11,778)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates are calculated by the NCES to reflect the portion of full-time undergrad students who graduate within 150% of the normal time for their programs, such as six years for a bachelor's degree and three years for an associate's degree.
- Lawrence University (76% graduation rate)
- Saint Norbert College (73% graduation rate)
- Lakeshore Technical College (58% graduation rate)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (51% graduation rate)
- Moraine Park Technical College (46% graduation rate)
Manitowoc, WI, and the surrounding area has several traditional public and private schools that offer a range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates for future students.