The small city of Martin, Tennessee, has just 1 school option - a 4-year university - available to aspiring college students, but the surrounding area offers a few more traditional schools. This article compares and contrasts the traditional schools in several categories based on data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Martin, Tennessee
For the most part, the schools closest to Martin, TN, are 2-year institutions, with a few 4-year schools scattered around the area. All of the 4-year schools offer undergraduate- and graduate-level degree programs.
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (0.3 miles from downtown)
- Bethel University (23.7 miles from downtown)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-McKenzie (23.7 miles from downtown)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Newbern (27.9 miles from downtown)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Paris (30.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Martin, Tennessee
The largest institutions near Martin are primarily public institutions. The larger private schools are 4-year institutions.
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (7,042 students)
- Bethel University (6,229 students)
- Union University (3,846 students)
- Dyersburg State Community College (2,847 students)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Newbern (340 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
According to the NCES, a school's average net price is determined by deducting the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergrad students from the total cost of attendance. In 2014-2015, the net costs for the Martin area colleges ranged from roughly $6,000 up to about $25,000.
- Dyersburg State Community College ($5,855)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-McKenzie ($7,200)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Paris($7,519)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Newbern ($7,908)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin ($8,288)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines overall graduation rates by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from their program within 150% of the 'normal' estimated completion time. With graduation rates ranging from 12% to 96% for 2015, the Martin area schools vary quite a bit.
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Newbern (96% graduation rate)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Paris (75% graduation rate)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-McKenzie (71% graduation rate)
- Union University (64% graduation rate)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (46% graduation rate)
Martin, TN, and the surrounding area offers students a handful of 2-year and 4-year schools that range in size, price, graduation rates and distance from the city.