Maryland Heights-area students searching for a college that meets their needs have more than 50 potential options. We compare the traditional schools in the area with statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students narrow their list of potential schools.
Closest Schools to Maryland Heights, Missouri
The closest schools to Maryland Heights are almost entirely 4-year institutions. As such, students have several schools nearby where they can pursue undergraduate and/or graduate degree programs.
- University of Phoenix-Missouri (located downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Earth City (3.6 miles from downtown)
- Hickey College (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (4.6 miles from downtown)
- Missouri Baptist University (4.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Maryland Heights, Missouri
The Maryland Heights area offers several large institutions, with a handful of schools having over 10,000 students and several more schools having more than 1,000 students. Most of the larger schools are private institutions, but there are some large public schools available.
- Saint Louis Community College (18,902 students)
- Saint Louis University (17,047 students)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (16,738 students)
- Webster University (15,256 students)
- Washington University in St Louis (14,688 students)
Lowest Net Price
Traditional schools in the Maryland Heights area tend to have high net prices for 2014-2015, except for the community colleges. To determine a school's average net price, the NCES takes the total cost of attendance, including tuition, fees and living expenses, and subtracts the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduate students.
- St Charles Community College ($3,777)
- Saint Louis Community College ($7,453)
- University of Missouri-St Louis ($8,158)
- Harris-Stowe State University ($9,172)
- Ranken Technical College ($15,616)
Highest Graduation Rates
Overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent the percentage of full-time undergrad students who finished their degree programs within 150% of the normal time required for completion. Overall graduation rates for several schools in this part of Missouri are greater than 50% for 2015.
- Washington University in St Louis (93% graduation rate)
- Hickey College (75% graduation rate)
- Missouri College (74% graduation rate)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (71% graduation rate)
- Saint Louis University (71% graduation rate)
There are many public and private schools in the Maryland Heights, MO, area that have high graduation rates, low net prices, large student populations, and close proximity to downtown for interested students.