There are limited options available in McLean, VA, when it comes to postsecondary education; however, there are many more institutions within a 25 mile radius. Many are specialty schools, but we compare the area's traditional institutions based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to McLean, Virginia
There are almost 25 schools that are less than 10 miles from downtown McLean for students wishing to be close to the city. Most of the traditional schools found nearby are 4-year schools.
- Marymount University (3.3 miles from downtown)
- University of the Potomac-VA Campus (4.6 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Virginia (5.3 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Washington DC (6.1 miles from downtown)
- Northern Virginia Community College (7.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near McLean, Virginia
For some students, attending a small school better fits their learning preferences. However, others may want that big college experience and have access to a wider variety of activities that might be offered at larger institutions. According to the NCES, the largest schools near McLean tend to be private institutions, but there are some large public schools as well.
- Northern Virginia Community College (51,487 students)
- George Mason University (33,729 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,850 students)
- Marymount University (3,441 students)
- Stratford University (2,971 students)
Lowest Net Price
For many students, one of the top facts they want to find out about a school is how much it costs to study there. Financial aid programs offered by institutions or government agencies can be a big help to qualified students, but such monetary support doesn't necessarily cover all educational expenses, especially if the college or university is expensive. Of the traditional schools, the ones below have some of the lowest net prices for undergraduate students according to 2014-2015 data from the NCES. Net prices are calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergrad receives from the total cost of attendance at a particular school.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
- Stratford University ($22,509)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly ($23,138)
Highest Graduation Rate
Based on full-time undergraduate students who completed undergraduate programs within 150% of normal time, the following institutions have some of the higher graduation rates of traditional schools for 2015. In this category, higher percentages could reflect that a college or university offers higher quality academic programs.
- George Mason University (69% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (50% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (40% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly (35% graduation rate)
Students can find a large variety of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and settings amongst private and public institutions near McLean, VA.