With a plethora of schools from which to choose near Media, Pennsylvania, you could consider a number of factors before making a decision. Research the student populations, net costs, graduation rates, and nearness to Media with data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Media, Pennsylvania
There are only a few colleges within the city of Media, Pennsylvania: Delaware County Community College, Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, and Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Brandywine. However, there are several in close proximity. The NCES ranks these five schools as the next closest to the city.
- Swarthmore College (3.7 miles away)
- Neumann University (3.8 miles away)
- Strayer University - Delaware County Campus (4.0 miles away)
- Widener University - Main Campus (5.0 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania (5.7 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Media, Pennsylvania
Large student populations are often an indicator of a school's popularity and accessibility. In addition, more students at a college or university likely goes hand in hand with additional activities and clubs on campus, as well as more diversity among your peers. According to the NCES, these were the five most populated schools near Media in 2014.
- Temple University (37,485)
- Drexel University (26,359)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,806)
- Community College of Philadelphia (19,119)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,086)
Lowest Net Price
Cost is often a factor for students deciding which college to attend. The following schools were ranked according to data taken from the NCES. The net price includes the costs full-time beginning students incurred in the 2014-2015 academic year, minus any financial aid received.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Peirce College ($7,916)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington ($12,351)
Highest Graduation Rate
A high graduation rate can often indicate a school's effectiveness at educating its students. The NCES posted details about the percentage of first-time, full-time bachelor's degree seekers who began their studies in 2009 and earned their degree within six years, which is within 150% of the normal time. The following rankings take this data into account.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
It's important to consider things like graduation rate, net cost, student population, and proximity to a city when deciding where to attend college in and around Media, Pennsylvania.