Aurora Medical Transcription Schools
Those interested in building their skills in medical transcription have a single option less than an hour's drive from central Aurora. This article discusses the courses and internship opportunities at one school. It also includes a table of facts and figures on the profiled institution as well as some info on another school in the area.
- Situated about 38 miles from Aurora's downtown area, Aims Community College (ACC) offers career and technical education for students who are seeking entry-level job skills as well as academic credits for transfer to a 4-year college or university. Students can earn certificates in medical transcription and coding.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Health Care Administration
- Health Information and Records Admin
- Health Information Technology
- Health Management and Clinical Administration
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Health Ward Supervisor
- Medical Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Medical Claims Examiner
- Medical Facilities Management
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance Services
- Medical Office Computer Technologies
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Staff Services
- Medical Transcriptionist
To find out more about the profiled school's enrollment numbers, campus environments and more, review the table below.
|Aims Community College - Ft. Lupton|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Total Enrollment (2014)||5,001*|
|Campus Setting||Small city|
|Program Cost (2015-2016)||$67.36 in-district, $105.73 in-state, $425.25 out-of-state per credit hour***|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2013-2014)||81%|
|Acceptance Rate (2014)||N/A - Open admissions*|
|Retention Rate (2014)||63% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (2014)||25%*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator,**Aims Community College
Aims Community College - Fort Lupton
ACC offers two programs that cover medical transcription and coding through its business technology department. The curriculum is taught through a combination of classroom and online courses. Both of these programs provide a course in coding for medical billing and insurance.
Introduction to Medical Transcription and Coding Certificate
This is a 2-semester, 19-credit program. Students take courses in word processing techniques, medical terminology, medical office administration, medical office financial management and insurance billing and coding.
Medical Transcription and Coding Certificate
This 32-credit, 3-semester program provides the same coursework as the introduction course with the addition of anatomy and physiology, word processing, medical transcription and an internship. Students must also take an English course in composition or technical writing.
Other School Options
Arapahoe Community College offers an online medical transcriptionist certificate program. This in-depth program consists of 21 courses covering medical information, technology and skills required for this field.