Aurora Medical Transcription Schools
Those interested in building their skills in medical transcription have a single option less than a half-hour's drive from central Aurora. This article discusses the courses and internship opportunities at one school. It also includes a table of facts and figures on the profiled institution as well as some info on another school in the area.
- Situated about 18 miles from Aurora's downtown area, Arapahoe Community College offers a medical transcription certificate program. The program can be taken online.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Health Care Administration
- Health Information and Records Admin
- Health Information Technology
- Health Management and Clinical Administration
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Health Ward Supervisor
- Medical Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Medical Claims Examiner
- Medical Facilities Management
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance Services
- Medical Office Computer Technologies
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Staff Services
- Medical Transcriptionist
To find out more about the profiled school's enrollment numbers, campus environments and more, review the table below.
|Arapahoe Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Total Enrollment (2017)||12,421*|
|Campus Setting||Large suburb|
|Tuition and fees (2017-2018)||$3,676 in-district; $3,677 in-state; $14,441 out-of-state*|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2016-2017)||58%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2017)||N/A - Open admissions*|
|Retention Rate (2017)||58% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (for those who began their studies in 2014)||26%*|
Source: *National Center for Education Statistics
Arapahoe Community College
With three different locations, Arapahoe Community College offers 100 certificate and degree programs. Students can study medical transcription through an online program at this 2-year college.
Medical Transcription Certificate Program
This online certificate program covers 21 course modules. Areas of interest include keyboard kinetics, pharmacology, diagnostic reports, grammar and punctuation and pathophysiology. Students can keep track of their progress with an online grade book. Exercises are offered in an interactive format. The program allows students to practice their transcription skills with online medical reports.