Colorado Springs Medical Transcription Schools
Medical transcriptionists convert physicians' voice recordings into a written record to keep detailed accounts of patient histories. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these professionals often need postsecondary training, as well as a handle on word processing software. Colorado Springs-area students can find that college-level training at only one institution. Learn about the program coursework, and then get additional info on the college by reviewing the table that follows.
- Located in Colorado Springs, Altierus Career College - Colorado Springs is a two-year, private school offering a medical assistant program that provides graduates with the skills needed for entry-level employment in the field. It is the only college in a 50-mile radius of the city that offers such a program.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Health Care Administration
- Health Information and Records Admin
- Health Information Technology
- Health Management and Clinical Administration
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Health Ward Supervisor
- Medical Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Medical Claims Examiner
- Medical Facilities Management
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance Services
- Medical Office Computer Technologies
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Staff Services
- Medical Transcriptionist
After finding out about the educational training it has to offer, your next concern is likely how much the profiled school costs. Find out about tuition, along with other facts and figures, in this table.
|Altierus Career College - Colorado Springs|
|School Type||2-year; private not-for-profit|
|Total Enrollment (2017)||87|
|Campus Setting||Large city|
|Tuition and Fees (2017-18)||$12,015|
|% of students receiving financial aid||100%|
|Acceptance rate||Open admissions policy|
|Retention rate (2017)||65% for full-time|
|Graduation rate (for those who began their studies in 2014-15)||59%|
Source: NCES College Navigator
Altierus Career College - Colorado Springs
Altierus Career College - Colorado Springs offers a diploma program that focuses on the development of essential career skills. Students enrolled in this program study the business and administrative aspects of managing and operating a dental or medical office.
Medical Assistant Diploma
The school's medical assistant program features a combination of courses devoted to a number of related topics that provide students with a balanced education. Course topics include medical terminology, computer applications, communications, medical transcription, and much more. The program also prepares students for future employment by developing clinical and administrative skills that will leave graduates ready to work in hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, long-term health care facilities, and insurance companies.