Though offering mostly vocational and for-profit technical schools, the Melbourne, FL, area is also home to some public and private 2- and 4-year colleges. We compare the traditional institutions with information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) in order to help students make an informed choice about which of these schools would best assist them in reaching their academic goals.
Closest Schools to Melbourne, Florida
The closest schools to Melbourne are primarily 4-year institutions or less than 2-year specialty schools. Some of the 4-year schools offer graduate level degree programs.
- Florida Institute of Technology (located downtown)
- Keiser University-Melbourne (located downtown)
- Everest University-Melbourne (4.8 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Florida State College (21.3 miles from downtown)
- Florida Technical College (48.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Melbourne, Florida
The Melbourne area offer schools ranging from less than 100 students to schools with greater than 10,000 students. The larger, traditional schools are a fairly even split of public and private institutions.
- Indian River State College (17,665 students)
- Eastern Florida State College (15,931 students)
- Florida Institute of Technology (6,393 students)
- Florida Technical College (2,977 students)
- Everest University-Melbourne (392 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
School net prices are calculated by the NCES through subtracting the average amount of financial aid handed out to full-time undergraduate students from the total attendance costs. The traditional Melbourne, FL, area schools had net prices between $1,547 and $32,319 for 2014-2015.
- Indian River State College ($1,547)
- Eastern Florida State College ($5,445)
- Florida Technical College ($16,429 for largest school program)
- Everest University-Melbourne ($22,570)
- Florida Institute of Technology ($32,319)
Highest Graduation Rates
In order to display a school's overall graduation rate, the NCES determines the percentage of full-time undergrad students who completed their program within 150% of the 'normal' program length. Most of the schools near Melbourne with graduation rates greater than 50% for 2015 were specialty schools.
- Florida Institute of Technology (57% graduation rate)
- Florida Technical College (54% graduation rate)
- Everest University-Melbourne (47% graduation rate)
- Eastern Florida State College (42% graduation rate)
- Indian River State College (36% graduation rate)
Melbourne, FL, and the surrounding area offer a handful of private and public schools that provide students with a few choices according to location, size, price, and graduation rates.