Learn about schools in the Mendota Heights, Minnesota area. Discover the student populations, net prices, and degree completion rates of multiple institutions, based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Mendota Heights, Minnesota
A dozen institutions can be found within a five-mile radius of downtown Mendota Heights. Of these schools, six are universities. If you are interested in studying close to Mendota Heights, investigate further into the schools on this list:
- Saint Paul College (located 2.3 miles from downtown)
- Macalester College (located 3.6 miles from downtown)
- St Catherine University (located 3.6 miles from downtown)
- University of St Thomas (located 3.6 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University - Twin Cities (located 4.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Mendota Heights, Minnesota
The most populous schools near downtown are found less than 15 miles away. The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities had the largest student population in 2015 with 50,678 students, with 34,071 being undergraduates. Additional large schools in this area included one university and four community colleges. They are:
- University of St Thomas (10,148 students; 6,143 undergraduates)
- Normandale Community College (9,855 students, all undergraduates)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (9,294 students, all undergraduates)
- Century College (8,996, all undergraduates)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College (8,621 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates net price by taking the complete program cost and subtracting the average financial aid given to undergraduate students studying full-time. Not counting specialty schools, there were five schools with net costs below $12,000 for 2014-2015. All five of these institutions are 2-year colleges.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines graduation rates by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished their studies within 150% of the normal amount of time. Excluding specialty schools, four universities and one college had the highest graduation rates in 2015. They are all found within a 9-mile radius of downtown.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
- University of Northwestern - St Paul (66% graduation rate)
For those looking for schools with many students, institutions with strong graduation rates, and ones with low costs, there are multiple options near Mendota Heights, Minnesota.