Aspiring students in the Menomonie, Wisconsin area can choose between three non-specialty schools. Here, you can learn more about them by looking at data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Menomonie, Wisconsin
There is one public university in Menomonie, Wisconsin but if you're willing to commute about twenty miles to the nearby city of Eau Claire, you can consider two more public schools. The following is a list of the closest schools to Menomonie.
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (located in downtown Menomonie)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (21.1 miles from downtown)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (22.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Menomonie, Wisconsin
The size of the college or university you attend can make a big difference in your college experience. Large schools may be able to provide more resources, while smaller schools can sometimes offer more individualized instruction. The three schools near Menomonie all have student populations between 6,000-11,000 students.
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (10,592 students)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (9,554 students)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (6,017 students)
Lowest Net Price
College affordability is a major consideration for many prospective students. The NCES calculates the net cost for a college by deducting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. For the 2014-2015 academic year, the net costs for traditional schools in the Menomonie area were between $8000 and $14,000.
- Chippewa Valley Technical College ($8,888 per year)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire ($13,281 per year)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout ($13,747 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate is often an indicator of the academic quality of a school. The NCES calculates graduation rate based on the percentage of students who finish within 150% of the normal time for their program. These were the graduation rates for the schools in the Menomonie area, based on data from students who finished in 2015.
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (65%)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (57%)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (36%)
In summary, if you want to study at a non-specialty school near Menomonie, Wisconsin, your three choices are UW-Stout, UW-Eau Claire, and Chippewa Valley Technical College.