There are three Mississippi based schools relatively close to Meridian, Mississippi. Though options may be limited, students looking to study in the area can further narrow down their options by comparing various important factors and their corresponding figures yielded by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Meridian, Mississippi
The distance between your home and school can be a major factor in deciding on which college to attend; long commutes are tedious and can become expensive over time. If proximity is a primary concern, consider the following schools, all of which are within thirty-five miles of downtown Meridian, Mississippi.
- Meridian Community College (8.2 miles away)
- East Central Community College (24.5 miles away)
- East Mississippi Community College (34.1 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Meridian, Mississippi
The size of an institution can determine things like the number of extracurricular activities, campus diversity, and available resources; if these sorts of things are important to you as a student, perhaps you would first consider a larger college. The following institutions are listed from largest to smallest in terms of student population:
- East Mississippi Community College (4,127 students; all undergraduates)
- Meridian Community College (3,390 students; all undergraduates)
- East Central Community College (2,544 students; all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
Tuition cost is one of the most important factors in choosing a school. The NCES determines an institution's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by students from the school's tuition; the following figures pertain to full-time undergraduate students in the 2014-2015 school year.
- East Central Community College ($5,345)
- East Mississippi Community College ($5,499)
- Meridian Community College ($6,888)
Highest Graduation Rate
A high graduation rate can sometimes give insight toward a school's quality of staff or the level of engagement during study. The NCES determines an institution's graduation rate by calculating the amount of full-time undergraduate students that complete their respective programs within 150% of the normal amount of time. The following rates pertain to full-time undergraduate students that began their studies in Fall 2012.
- East Mississippi Community College (41% graduation rate)
- East Central Community College (33% graduation rate)
- Meridian Community College (30% graduation rate)
Meridian students who value proximity, population, cost, and graduation rates can now make an informed decision about which nearby school to attend.