The Merrionette Park area is home to a variety of post-secondary institutions, including 4-year universities, cosmetology schools, community colleges and more. For the benefit of the average student seeking a traditional college experience, we focus solely on the non-specialty public and private non-profit schools near Merrionette Park. These colleges and universities are compared in four categories based on information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Merrionette Park, Illinois
For Merrionette Park-area students wanting to stay close to home, the NCES lists eight schools within ten miles from this city. Of the closest five, there is a mix of both private and public options.
- Saint Xavier University (2.0 miles)
- Trinity Christian College (2.6 miles)
- Moraine Valley Community College (5.2 miles)
- City Colleges of Chicago-Richard J Daley College (5.4 miles)
- Chicago State University (6.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Merrionette Park, Illinois
While some students prefer smaller schools, there are benefits to going to a larger college or university. Larger schools often offer more extracurricular activities, networking opportunities and academic diversity. According to 2014-2015 NCES reports, here are the largest schools by student population:
- University of Illinois at Chicago (29,048 enrolled students)
- College of DuPage (28,678 enrolled students)
- DePaul University (23,539 enrolled students)
- Loyola University Chicago (16,437 enrolled students)
- University of Chicago (15,391 enrolled students)
Lowest Net Price
To calculate the average net price of a school, the NCES subtracts the amount of the average financial aid package from the average annual in-state cost for full-time undergraduate students at the school. These schools had the lowest net prices among the traditional universities and colleges in the Merrionette Park area during the 2014-2015 academic year:
- Morton College ($3,999)
- Moraine Valley Community College ($4,573)
- South Suburban College ($4,608)
- Joliet Junior College ($4,856)
- Triton College ($5,274)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES provides graduation rate statistics based on the number of undergraduate students who complete their program within 150% of the program's standard time for completion. The five schools with the highest overall graduation rates in this area, as of 2015, are all 4-year private schools.
- University of Chicago (92% graduation rate)
- Wheaton College (89% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Chicago (74% graduation rate)
- DePaul University (73% graduation rate)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (73%)
When looking at what colleges and universities to apply to in the Merrionette Park area of Illinois, you have a plethora of schools to choose from, including 4-year private schools with large enrollment numbers and high graduation rates as well as some smaller 2-year schools with lower net prices and shorter commute times.