The Miami Gardens area is home to a variety of postsecondary schools, including 2-year and 4-year public schools as well as private colleges and universities. We list the traditional public and private schools that offer a range of disciplines in four criteria areas using data from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Miami Gardens, FL
Being close to home or work can be a huge deciding factor for prospective students. The traditional schools that offer the closest proximity to Miami Gardens include five 4-year schools.
- Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College (0.0 miles)
- Florida Memorial University (3.0 miles)
- St. Thomas University (3.0 miles)
- Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico-Miami (5.1 miles)
- Keiser University-Pembroke Pines (6.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Miami Gardents, FL
Larger schools typically provide more student clubs and associations along with greater schedule flexibility. The top largest traditional schools near Miami Gardens are all 4-year schools with student populations ranging from around 16,800 to 62,000.
- Miami Dade College (62,332)
- Florida International University (49,782)
- Broward College (43,078)
- Nova Southeastern University (23,236)
- University of Miami (16,825)
Lowest Net Price
The average net price calculated by NCES is the total cost of tuition, fees, living expenses, and supplies for first-year in-state students less the average amount of financial aid they receive. The net prices for Miami Gardens area institutions range from around $1,300 to $45,900. However, all of these schools are not mainstream institutions. Five colleges and universities listed had the lowest net prices among the area's mainstream colleges and universities for the 2014-2015 academic year, per NCES figures for full-time undergraduate students.
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College ($4,684)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College ($5,934)
- South Florida Institute of Technology ($8,347)
- Broward College ($8,622)
- Miami Dade College ($8,829)
Highest Graduation Rate
Another factor students might want to consider when choosing a school is its overall graduation rate or the percentage of first-time undergraduates who completed their programs within 150% of normal time. At 4-year schools, this is an indication of how many students finished bachelor's degree programs in six years. The graduation rates for Miami Gardens area institutions vary widely, with nontraditional universities reporting higher graduation rates than some of the mainstream schools. Of Miami Gardens's mainstream public and private colleges and universities these schools represent the highest rates for full-time undergraduates.
- College of Business and Technology - Flagler (87%)
- College of Business and Technology - Hialeah (86%)
- Florida Education Institute (86%)
- South Florida Institute of Technology (83%)
- University of Miami (82%)
With options near Miami Gardens, you can see how important it is to categorize some high-level criteria areas to help you narrow down your search.