The area around Midlothian has a diverse array of schools that offer a variety of educational options. Students can choose from colleges and universities that offer programs ranging from the certificate to the doctoral level. We use information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare the traditional schools in several categories.
Closest Schools to Midlothian, Virginia
The closest schools to Midlothian are all private for-profit institutions. These schools are a mix of 2-year and 4-year schools.
- Strayer University - Chesterfield Campus (located downtown)
- ECPI University - Richmond South (4.7 miles from downtown)
- Bryant & Stratton College - Richmond (7.3 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute - Richmond (7.3 miles from downtown)
- Virginia College - Richmond (9.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Midlothian, Virginia
The Midlothian area offers is home to several larger universities and community colleges. In addition to the largest five schools listed, there are four more schools with student populations above 1,000.
- Virginia Commonwealth University (30,848 students)
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College (11,861 students)
- John Tyler Community College (9,875 students)
- Virginia State University (5,025 students)
- University of Richmond (4,182 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students typically receive from the total cost of attendance. In terms of net price for 2014-2015, many Midlothian-area schools cost between $14,000 and $20,000; however, cheaper options are available. The five schools with the lowest net price are:
- John Tyler Community College ($6,417)
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College ($7,151)
- Virginia State University ($14,438)
- University of Phoenix-Virginia ($15,117)
- Bryant & Stratton College - Richmond ($16,209)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time undergraduate students who began their studies in 2009 and graduated in 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their degree program (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). The Midlothian area has several schools with graduation rates greater than 50% for 2015.
- University of Richmond (88% graduation rate)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (62% graduation rate)
- Randolph-Macon College (58% graduation rate)
- Virginia State University (48% graduation rate)
- Virginia College - Richmond (46% graduation rate)
The Midlothian, VA, area is home to several public and private institutions that give students options in location, size, price, and graduation rates.