Would-be college students residing in or near Millersville, MD, have a few postsecondary options to choose from, including for-profit beauty academies, technical institutes, vocational schools and more. However, we focus on the more traditional universities and colleges around Millersville offering many fields of study and compare them using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Millersville, Maryland
The closest schools to Millersville are mostly made up of less than 2-year specialty schools and 4-year institutions. A few of the 4-year schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Strayer University-Anne Arundel Campus (located downtown)
- Anne Arundel Community College (7.4 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Hanover (7.7 miles from downtown)
- Bowie State University (9.9 miles from downtown)
- Brightwood College- Baltimore (10.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Millersville, Maryland
Students have many larger institutions to choose from near Millersville, as more than twenty schools have over 1,000 students. The largest schools in the area are almost all public institutions.
- University of Maryland-University College (50,248 students)
- University of Maryland-College Park (38,140 students)
- Johns Hopkins University (22,686 students)
- Towson University (22,284 students)
- The Community College of Baltimore County (22,179 students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's cost can be a crucial factor when finding an appropriate college or university to attend. The NCES determines the net price of a school by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students receive from the cost to attend the institution. Net prices in the Millersville area range from about $6,000 to almost $40,000 for 2014-2015.
- Baltimore City Community College ($5,951)
- Howard Community College ($7,239)
- Prince George's Community College ($7,986)
- The Community College of Baltimore County ($8,376)
- Coppin State University ($9,043)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES reports overall graduation rates for schools based on the number of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the 'normal time' (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). Graduation rates for traditional schools in the area ranged from a low of 8% to a high of 94% for 2015.
- Johns Hopkins University (94% graduation rate)
- University of Maryland-College Park (86% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Maryland (81% graduation rate)
- Towson University (70% graduation rate)
- Brightwood College- Beltsville (70% graduation rate)
Students in the Millersville, MD, area have many public and private 2-year and 4-year institutions to choose from that vary in location, size, price, and graduation rates to meet their needs.