Using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), learn which graduate schools in Minnesota are closest to large cities, have the highest student populations, lowest net price, and highest graduation rate.
Minnesota Schools Near Large Cities
Three of the largest cities in the state of Minnesota are Minneapolis, Rochester, and Duluth. The programs listed below are all less than 2 miles from the city centers.
- Capella University (0.8 miles away from Minneapolis)
- Globe University-Minneapolis (0.8 miles away from Minneapolis)
- Walden University (1.1 miles from Minneapolis)
- Mayo Graduate School (1.1 miles from Rochester)
- University of Minnesota- Duluth (3.7 miles from Duluth)
Largest Graduate Schools in Minnesota
For some students, the size of the student body is an important evaluation criterion. The largest graduate schools in Minnesota range from 15,000 to 52,000 total students, and include both public and private-for-profit colleges. Below are the top 5 largest graduate schools in Minnesota.
- Walden University (52,188 total students)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (51,147 total students)
- Capella University (35,061 total students)
- Saint Cloud State University (16,076 total students)
- Minnesota State University-Mankato (15,387 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is typically the evaluation criteria that is most impactful in the search for a graduate school. The cheapest graduate programs in Minnesota range from $10-$14K and are a mix of private and public schools. The five schools presented below have the lowest net price.
- Capella University ($12,918)
- Saint Cloud State University ($12,935)
- Minnesota State University-Mankato ($13,515)
- Bemidji State University ($13,798)
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead ($14,305)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate is a metric that gives prospective students an idea of how successful the college is in getting students through the program. The highest graduation rates range from 73-77% and include both public and private institutions. Below are the top 5 graduation rates in Minnesota for colleges offering graduate programs.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- Saint Johns University (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
- Concordia College at Moorhead (73% graduation rate)
In summary, evaluation factors such as proximity to large cities, school size, cost, and graduation rate can be helpful in selecting the right graduate school.