Within the immediate vicinity of Moline, IL, would-be college students can choose from a public two-year college, a four-year private non-for-profit college, or a specialized health career training institutes. If a student is willing to travel a little, there are four more public and private non-for-profit schools within a fifty mile radius. Here we pay particular attention to the more traditional colleges and universities that offer a variety of programs, and compare them in categories based on statistics gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Moline, Illinois
Of the public and private not-for-profit post-secondary schools near Moline, IL, five of the seven offer a traditional variety of programs. Below is a list of these schools and how far they are from Moline.
- Black Hawk College (In Moline, IL)
- Augustana College (3.8 miles from downtown)
- Carl Sandburg College (37.8 miles from downtown)
- Knox College (37.8 miles from downtown)
- Monmouth College (40.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Moline, Illinois
Larger schools usually offer more academic and extracurricular programs and opportunities. For students who are concerned about this, the NCES reports the total student populations of schools. Here are how our five schools compare in terms of student population, as of 2015.
- Black Hawk College (5,271 enrolled students)
- Augustana College (2,478 enrolled students)
- Carl Sandburg College (2,082 enrolled students)
- Knox College (1,397 enrolled students)
- Monmouth College (1,197 enrolled students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price is calculated by the NCES for full-time undergraduate students by subtracting average amounts of financial aid (grants and scholarships) from student expenses like tuition, books, and room and board. The list below includes the five traditional schools near Moline, IL and their net prices of the 2014-2015 school year.
- Carl Sandburg College ($3,902)
- Black Hawk College ($5,649)
- Monmouth College ($15,318)
- Augustana College ($22,715)
- Knox College ($22,971)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates reflect the percentage of first-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete a degree (e.g., three years for a two-year program, or six years for a four-year program). According to the NCES, two of the five schools within a fifty-mile radius of Moline had graduation rates above 75% in 2015. Here are the graduation rates for the area as of 2015.
- Knox College (77% graduation rate)
- Augustana College (76% graduation rate)
- Monmouth College (58% graduation rate)
- Carl Sandburg College (27% graduation rate)
- Black Hawk College (27% graduation rate)
With only a few options in the Moline, IL area, it is important you consider different aspects of each school, including population, price, and graduation rates. Use this information to make an informed decision which schools you wish to apply to.